Christoph Perleth is a professor in Educational Psychology and Special Education at the “Rosa and David Katz” Institute, University of Rostock since October 1999. Since 1986, he has been a Scientific Collaborator, and later, a Senior Investigator at the Munich Study of Giftedness, and he has collaborated in different projects with Prof. Dr. Kurt A. Heller at the Institute for Educational Psychology and Especial Education, Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU), Munich. From 1988 to 1998, he was a scientific assistant at the institute for Educational Psychology, LMU, and afterwards he held a lecturer position at the same institution.
Studies and degrees
1978-1985 Studies in Psychology with a Scholar Psychology perspective, studies in mathematics and Catholic Theology; 1985 State Examination in Psychology and Mathematics, 1992 PhD in Psychology, Statistics and Especial Education at the LMU, Munich; 1998 Habilitation (Teaching Authorization) with venia legendi in Psychology.
High Intellectual Abilities, giftedness, Intelligence, Talent development and performance, psychological diagnosis, which includes the development of tests, evaluation of promotion measures, especially within the context of giftedness.
- Commissioner for disabled students and students with chronic diseases at University of Rostock.
- Director of the Seniors Academy at University of Rostock, including the projects "Partnership" (cooperation between students and elderly people) and “Cross-cultural mobility” (Bosch Foundation).
- Member of the international Panel of Experts in Gifted Education (iPEGE).
- President of the Association for Gifted and Talented children (ABB e.V.).
- Activities in advisory boards from the following institutions: ÖZBF, Fundación Karg (2003-2014), DPhV, Bildung&Begabung e.V. (2012-2014), „Deutsche Schultests“ (scholar performance tests in Germany).
Current third-party funded projects
- Studies on changes of KFT 4-12+R rules (2017-2019, together with Prof. Eva Stumpf, funded by Karg Foundation, Hector Foundation and the publishing house Hogrefe).
- Sub-project "KoNewS-R" (scholar cooperative networks) framed within the "Lema" project (broad initiative from the Federal Government and the Federal States to foster education for talented and gifted children and youths 2018-2022).
- Sub-project "InFoLaB" framed within the project "MV Teaching" (Quality offensive in professional teaching for teachers; 2016-2019; funded by the German Ministry of Education and the Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern).
- Advisor of the project “Alta Capacidad Intelectual: gestión de recursos cognitivos y expresión del talento” (ACIGRET, “Giftedness: cognitive resources management and expression of talent”; funded by the Spanish Government; 2016-2019).